While there has been progress, Conservative Councillors are by no means complacent. We know there is still much more that needs to be done to restore pride in Harrow.
In the next 12 months you can expect to hear about the following:
- A borough-wide Public Space Protection Order. This will help the Council to crackdown on anti-social and unpleasant behaviour that harms the quality of life for our residents.
- New local planning policies which we will introduce to clearly define which neighbourhoods are and are not acceptable for tall buildings. These new policies will strengthen the Council’s ability to control and refuse inappropriate tower blocks from being built in Harrow’s leafy suburbs.
- Doubling the number of Council provided electric vehicle charging points.
- Installing 15 new CCTV cameras to help deal with the menace of fly-tipping.
- Launching a new planning application website to replace the poor, unreliable and dated existing platform.
- Create safe and secure cycle parking at Harrow on the Hill station to help encourage active travel.
- Resurface over 60 roads and footpaths over the next 12 months as well as continuing our work filling potholes.
- Double the number of Harrow Council apprenticeships in the borough by the end of the year.
- Upgrade the Council’s 10 Children Centres into Family Centres.
And much, much more!