At the Council’s budget meeting on 24 February, Conservatives showed how things could be better in Harrow by using money more wisely. We showed how instead of wasting money on vanity projects like two new ‘Civic Centres’, the Council could introduce 1-hour free parking across the borough for residents.
We also showed how instead of spending our money on HR and failed IT projects, we could do more to clean our streets, deal with the blight of fly-tipping and introduce a free bulky waste collection service.
Our priorities below are fully funded and will make Harrow a better place to live for all of us:
- Improve street cleaning & cracking down on fly-tipping
- Improving the Enforcement Team to tackle illegal Houses in Multiple Occupation and Beds in Sheds
- One-hour FREE parking across Harrow
- Restrict the height of tall buildings in our suburbs
- Treat residents and businesses like valued customers
You can find out more about our better choices for Harrow HERE.