Despite constantly complaining of ‘underfunding’ and 'cuts' by central government, Harrow’s Labour Council has wasted over £84 million of taxpayers’ money.
Harrow Conservatives can reveal that the Labour Council have wasted local peoples’ money on the following aborted or failed projects:
- £46.4 million on flawed regeneration projects
- £3.7 million on aborted IT projects
- £342,639 on ill-conceived Low Traffic Neighbourhoods and ‘ghost’ Cycle Lanes
- £300,000 on inflating the Council’s communications and PR department
- £140,00 on back-office HR and bureaucracy
- £25 million on Kings House offices (pictured) which remains virtually empty
The Labour Council has also wasted nearly £8 million on other aborted and failed schemes. Harrow needs a Conservative Council which will treat residents’ taxes with respect and invest in frontline services rather than back-office HR, communications, and needless vanity projects.